Do You Need to Upgrade Your Sage Software?
25 Apr 12
Using an out-of-date version of Sage may mean you are not enjoying the very latest the software has to offer. The latest version of Sage Accounts, called Sage 2012, offers a number of additional features including:
- Quick Search & Print Options – to save time when searching within a list. The print functionality also enables a default layout to be set to quickly print invoices, quotes and orders.
- Mobile Access – via a free iPod, iPhone and Blackberry application all data in Sage 2012 can be remotely accessed. Different levels of access can be configured for different users.
- Chart of Accounts Improvements – companies can now be created based on different business types rather than using a default Chart of Accounts.
- Nominal Codes – these codes have been updated to provide a more sensible match to today’s business reducing the number of manual amendments required.
- Lock Date – this feature will stop postings being made before a set date, in order to reduce errors when posting transactions, particularly after month/year end.
- International Payments – money can be transferred overseas with ease, and the system will offer preferential exchange rates, no transfer fees and faster payments.
- Performance – the Sage team has spent time improving how the software actually works, to design a faster system, which can run reports, searches and sorts much more quickly, particularly in a multi user environment.
Depending on the version of Sage you are currently running, discounts may be available if you choose to update to Sage 2012. For more information please call Cornerstone on 0845 600 2008 or complete our contact form.
This handy document will also help you to understand the changes delivered in recent versions.